Monday, February 1, 2021

Carrie Underwood to Sing Christian Hymns on New Album 'My ...

There's been a thread of Christian spirituality working via Carrie Underwood's work since the beginning, whether explicitly, as in "Jesus, Take the Wheel," or more ambiguously, in "See You again." In March, Underwood will devote an entire album to her religion as she sings her favorite Christian hymns on My Savior, arriving March 26th (get it here).

The album follows Underwood's 2020 Christmas record, My reward, which concentrated largely on religious material as an alternative of secular holiday favorites. the new mission reunites her with Cry pretty producer David Garcia and serves as a accomplice liberate to My gift.

"This album is one I actually have always desired to make. here's legacy stuff to me," Underwood says in a trailer for My Savior. "The songs on this album are actually songs that I've heard when you consider that start. These songs are like a heat hug, well-known and candy."

No tune listing has been provided for My Savior, even though a harmonica does pick out the melody to "Jesus Loves Me" in Underwood's trailer. And even with their familiarity, Underwood says it become an additional problem to sing these songs and not using a refrain of voices around her.

"One factor i noticed with making the Christmas album and this album is, 'You were singing these songs your entire existence, however have you ever ever sang them via yourself?'" she says. "I directly realized that here's going to be more difficult than i believed it became going to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

7 Unforgettable Beach Destinations in America for Sun and Fun Seekers

Introduction As the sun-kissed days of summer approach, it's time to start planning your beach getaway. America is blessed with a pletho...